You will need to have a Stripe Merchant Account to use the WooCommerce Stripe payment Gateway.
To use the Stripe solution you must have your currency set to the currency activated for your Stripe merchant account and a SSL certificate enabled on your server.
- Purchase the extension and download the zip file from www.extensionworks.com
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Click on Plugins | Add New from the left hand menu
- Click on the “Upload” option, then click “Browse” to select the zip file from your computer.
- After the zip file has been selected press the “Install Now” button.
- On the Plugins page, find the Stripe plugin and press “Activate”
- You will be prompted to install the Extensionworks Framework, you will need to install this for Stripe to function.
ACTIVATE THE EXTENSION WORKS LICENCE KEY
To activate the ExtensionWorks Licence go to: Dashboard > ExtensionWorks Licences
Enable/Disable: Enable Stripe
Stripe Gateway test: Enable this for testing purposes. No SSL needed for testing.
Title: This will be displayed on the checkout page. You can change to suit your requirements.
Description: You can add your description.
Test Secret Key: Add your test secret key.
When logged into your Stripe account move the toggle to test. As seen in the image below.
Go to your stripe account STRIPE, log in, go to your profile and from the drop down select Account/ API Keys
Live Secret Key: Add your live secret Key
Save customers Cards: Enable this if you would like to store the customers details for future use.
This feature is great for subscription accounts. The subscription amount will be processed for future transactions.
For testing purposes you do not need to enable SSL, once you have finished testing you will need to enable SSL inside WooCommerce, and set up your SSL certificate on your server to complete https requests.