To use the ( Sandbox )test gateway successfully you will need to:
- Enable test mode.
- Use the test card number 4444333322221111, with any CVN and the expiry date (set to any time in the future)
- Set the transaction amount to whole dollars if you want the transaction to succeed (e.g. $10.00) or to dollars and cents if you want it to fail (e.g. $10.67)
Cent Value response
This setting will use the cent value passed with any test transaction to determine the result (successful or failed) and return it to your site as the Response Code.
$100.00 will return Response Code "00, Transaction Approved (Sandbox)"
$100.05 will return Response Code "05, Do Not Honour (Sandbox)"
This feature will approve any value passed with any test transaction and return a successful Response Code, default set to "00, Transaction Approved (Sandbox)". You can choose to use any of the 5 successful Response Codes:
- 00, Transaction Approved (Sandbox)
- 08, Honour with Identification (Sandbox)
- 10, Approved for Partial Amount (Sandbox)
- 11, Approved, VIP (Sandbox)
- 16, Approved, Update Track 3 (Sandbox)
This feature will fail any test transaction and return a failed Response Code, with the default response "05, Do Not Honour (Sandbox)". You can choose from any of the 58 potential decline response codes.
The full list of response codes can be found on the eWay's developer page.